Re: Insurance thoughts. was ( Re: Progressive )

To: johnlee@softdisk.com
Subject: Re: Insurance thoughts. was ( Re: Progressive )
From: RacerFlash@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:40:30 EST
John,

Thanks for the reply and being ones of the ones who agree.  I used to be with
State Farm who covered "Gymkhana" type events in their coverage.  But
honestly, when I moved into New Orleans proper and my rates went up over 20%
(only 3 miles from my former address!) I went shopping.  Met Life doesn't
cover any events even though I didn't even use the "R" word.  I would however
be willing to pay somewhere between the two rates to have autocross coverage.

Instead of sending separate emails to Steve Johnson, can't we start a
petition on the list and send it to him all at once?

BTW, are you coming to the Lake Charles TLAC?  Hope to see you there.

Bob

> Not a bad idea, Bob.  But I would suggest that floating it on this list
> won't accomplish anything except getting others to agree with you. What
> it's going to take - IMNSHO - is for you, and the others who agree with
> you, to write or email Steve Johnson and plant the seed in HIS head.  If
> an idea like this is going to take root and grow, it's going to have to
> come from the national office.  And what better place to start than at
> the top?!?  8<{)
>
> It could even lead to an "official sponsorship" deal like we have with
> Subaru, The Tire Rack, Sunoco, Fram, and others.  And that, my friend,
> means money in the bank for the SCCA.
>
> John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman

Bob Gordon
FLASH RACING
Delta Region SCCA
SS #70 94 RX-7 R2 Silver
"Anything worth doing, is worth doing FAST!"
"Pistons? . . . We don't need no Stinkin' Pistons!"