Re: [evolution-disc.] Andy's Top Ten Autox Driving Tips

To: "Mark Sirota" <mark@sirota.org>, <awhollis@swbell.net>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Andy's Top Ten Autox Driving Tips
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:31:37 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
To: awhollis@swbell.net <awhollis@swbell.net>; Sam Strano
<strano@stranoparts.com>; Evolution <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2002 3:42 PM

>--On Monday, March 11, 2002 2:41 PM -0600 Andy Hollis <awhollis@swbell.net>
>wrote:
>> PS: I like that line in "Gumball Rally" where the Ferrari Daytona drive

The late Raul Julia as Franco Bertollini.

>> rips off the mirror and says, "What eez behind us does not matter".

"Whats-a behind me is-a not important!"

Also fun is that he throws it over his shoulder.  The guy in the car behind
(vette?) has to move his head sideways so the flying mirror does not strike
him.

>> in autocross, what is immediately in front of us does not matter, either!
>> Because its too late to do anything about it!

So true.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org