Re: Pro Solo License

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pro Solo License
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:51:27 -0500
Actually, Eric, I see it differently. I do believe the "Solo II License" is
a waste of money as it gets you nothing you could not get without it.

The Pro Solo license, however, is no different than the competition license
I get to race. It is my ticket in, my credential that says I am permitted to
be part of the series, my sanction that says I may compete for the
championship.

IMHO, permitting us to compete in one Pro without a license is a gift. It
was recognition that 1) people want to do the Pro that comes to their local
area, as well as 2) having the locals compete helps fill the field and thus
is a more fun contest.

You should, however, get that neato license card for your wallet. It is that
same card that is the right side of your membership card, that lists ALL the
licenses you hold, including (for you) your sound control license, etc. Or
it should be, anyway. You gotta have something to show when you go to that
second Pro.

--Rocky