Re: [evolution-disc.] New SAC proposals - June FastTrack

To: seb@scca.org
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] New SAC proposals - June FastTrack
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 02:34:45 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Andy Hollis wrote:
> http://www.scca.org/news/fastrack/02-06.pdf

Concept #1 seems a bit silly to me.  We've happily encouraged C4 vette
owners to come back and play in stock and now we're gonna hit 'em with
RX-7TT's and Boxster S's?  All you're doing there is exchanging dominent
cars, probably pissing off a lot of people in the process.

Concept #2 makes a bit more sense I guess.  I don't have any statistical
evidence or anything other than my personal feeling, but it seems like the
S2000 and Boxster can run with the C4 and vice versa (with course
dependencies).  That move would open up BS to the old AS cars.

Overall however, I'd like to suggest that you just leave it the heck
alone.  IMHO rules stability is _much_ more important than trying to make
sure that three different makes of cars can win.  Concept #1 totally
screws some people over.  At least concept #2 seems to give those folks
who're making the commitment to run at the top of their class a similar
chance after the proposed change, though I'm sure it'll cause heartache.

If the concern is that there's a pretty big jump in performance from AS to
SS (with the resulting classing hassles that'll be involved with new cars
like the RX-8 or other "middle" sportscars), then here's another concept
(and one that I don't think would have much support and personally would
hate to see). Exclude the z06 from stock.

Now _that_ oughta piss off some people... :-)

Mark