Re: F1 Grand Prix

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: F1 Grand Prix
From: "Brian Berryhill" <bikepoet@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:55:47 -0500
> Team orders are just fine with me.  Heck, bicycle racing

> At least they didn't take themselves out of the race racing each
> other, though.

If Ferrari would start using those Williams' BMW team orders, someone else
might be able to win!

I have to and hate to admit, but F1 and ALMS put me to sleep more often than
CART, IRL, and even NASCAR this year.  I just hope the IRL doesn't turn into
open-wheel NASCAR... that's why I prefer CART so much more.

On the topic of Red Bull F1... I just don't see how a seemingly young
company (I first heard of Red Bull last year) can have the resources to make
a competitive team.  They would be lucky to be the ALMS equivalent of Panoz
for F1 for a little while.  But, in the spirit of supporting an American F1
team, should I start buying Red Bull?  Last time I tried it, it reminded me
of a super-saturated soft-drink.

Brian

PS:  MS region is having a 2-day autocross event at Grenada, Mississippi on
November 23-24, 2002.  From what my young ears gather, this is the same
place that Tours and ProSolos once occurred, so if you missed not having the
Meridian Tour this year, this is your chance to enjoy the southern weather
before it gets too cold.... www.msscca.org