RE: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: Rick Brown <rbrown7@covad.net>, autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: Andy Hollis <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:58:01 -0500

I'm talking about Miatas versus Corvettes (remember the Miata->AP theme of
this thread?)  In SP, where wheels/tires are unlimited, and the weight
differential is already there between Corvettes and Miatas, the Corvettes
run in faster classes.  If the Prepared Miata belongs in AP, then by the
same logic the SP Miata belongs in ASP.

> > > In autocross, handling is much more important than horsepower
> > and absolute
> > > weight is
> > > more important than power to weight.
> >
> > Agreed.  But not to the exclusion of the other points.  If the
> > lightest car
> > always won then why isn't the Lotus Elan, Europa, or even the 7
> > winning AP?
>
> Because they're limited to 7" wheels versus the 10's and 12's on the
> winning cars.

And it has *nothing* to do with the engine displacement difference?  Its all
about three inches of wheel difference?  Come on, Rick!

--Andy