Re: minimum weight requirement and prepared sway-bar rules

To: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>, "Rocky Entriken"
Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement and prepared sway-bar rules
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:58:37 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>; <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement

> Rocky,
>
> I understand the logic everyone is using.  But by that same logic, nowhere
in
> the rules does it say you can run driver adjustable sway bars in the
prepared
> rules, however, many people do.

The last I heard, rule 15.7 says "*Any* anti roll bar ... or other
suspension stabilizer is permitted."

This is pretty unrestricted, and in conjunction with 15.7.B which allows
components to pass through body panels, driver-adjustable sway bars are
clearly legal.  But, 15.7.A ought to stop them.

If you wanted to protest under 15.7.A  "Components ...  shall be covered
with metal panels" you would have a case.  The main rule essentially allows
any component of any kind to be used.  That had to include hand controls.
But if all components shall be covered with metal panels, it makes it darned
hard to reach the control.

I have fairly old rule book, so excuse me if 15.7 has been changed.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com