Re: minimum weight requirement

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement
From: "Brian Davis" <brian.davis@rose-hulman.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:58:00 -0500
> >the reference to Street prepared was their allowance for
> Improved Touring >cars to run with IT rules in their respective
> street prepared class.
>
> In every case, though, the IT car will be absolutely
> uncompetitive in its SP class. That's just an accommodation so IT
> cars have a place to play in Solo. Since SP has no minimum
> weights, it may well be that an IT car has a weight advantage
> over an SP-prepped example of the same car. All the other
> disadvantages it has will overwhelm that, however.
Can you clarify this for me?  I am currently building an ITS car (Honda del
Sol) and was wanting to run it in DSP as well.  Why will it be
uncompetitive?  It will be some lighter than I could ever get it in DSP.  It
won't be allowed a few HP mods (intake manifold, throttle body, and as
sophisticated of FI), but I get to run whatever FD I want, which should
close to equalize that.  It seems to me that the car fully prepped to either
spec would be pretty even.

Brian Davis
21 DSP