Re: Fw: minimum weight requirement

To: Charles Cox <charles@coastalbay.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: minimum weight requirement
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:31:49 -0500
Personally, Charles, I think you're trying to make a mountain out of a
molehill here.

Those of us who currently run "P" cars, and have for several years,
don't really seem to have a problem with the weight rules as they're now
written.  We may have a problem with some of the weights, but we
certainly don't seem to have a problem with the rules, themselves.

Those who run Mod cars know which classes have to weigh with driver and
which do not.  And they build their cars (and manage their personal
weight) accordingly.

Your support for the idea of weighing WITH driver, IMNSHO, just serves
to further complicate the rules we already have and add additional
delays and headaches to our events.  As I read them, those rules are
pretty clear about which classes HAVE to weigh with driver.  And you
weigh IN IMPOUND, after the event is over, not before it starts.  Do you
want to require every region, no matter how small their treasury is, to
buy a set of scales and pay to have them calibrated each year?!?  If the
rules don't say, specifically, that you have to weigh with driver, you
don't!!!  8<{)

The Solo rules specifically state that - if it doesn't say you CAN do
it, you CAN'T!!!  PERIOD.  End of discussion.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman