Re: minimum weight requirement

To: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement
From: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:41:54 -0700
MessageHow ballast is secured is a safety item. If this situation where
someone put kitty litter unsecured into a car for ballast was done, something
is definitely wrong with how cars are inspected...it isn't because the cars
are weighed without the driver as these others would have you believe.  Solo 2
weight compliance is done at Nationals by the person that weighs the car, not
the competitors, that is who makes the protest if the car is under weight, not
the other competitors...(sorry...reverting back to road racing days when there
were scrutineers...in this case most applicable are the other competitors).

I don't care that much either as my class doesn't require it, I'm just saying
the rules need to be consistent and easily understood as written and in this
case they aren't...assumptions have to be made...

Chas