Re: French Owned Companies?

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, "Autox list"
Subject: Re: French Owned Companies?
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:15:27 -0700
>  On the
> other hand, what I do believe is that those who opposed joining us for the
> conflict should not expect to join us for the spoils, which includes the
> rebuilding of Iraq and the new-market windfalls that will be for
commercial
> interests involved. Or to put it another way, if some French company is
> involved in the rebuilding, it will be because American/Coalition
> authorities chose it as the best option, not  French authorities pushing a
> Francophile agenda.
>
> --Rocky Entriken (treated rudely in France back in '65 just because I was
> American, treated warmly in ten other countries including both Germanys)

While I agree with most of what you said, the only problem with the above is
it is like saying only American soldiers and those who obviously support
them should be allowed to benefit from the freedoms we enjoy.  But that is
not what we have fought for.  As someone who has put their life on the line
for my country (in Vietnam) I feel I've fought for our Democratic way of
life for all those who chose to partake of it, here and abroad.  While I may
not like it, I don't really see other western countries that disagree with
some of our policy as much different than those here who disagree.  Many
have fought and died to give them that right.  IMHO

Rick Brown
BM D Sports Racer / F125