Re: autox question

To: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: autox question
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:00:52 -0500
Well, whatever a Scoobi is -- first line of Appendix B says "'Bumping' is
not approved for championship events."

So, if the car is not classed in that class, no you can't at Nationals. Or
Tours, or Divisionals. The bump order is there as a guideline for Regional
(local) event use.

However -- and this has been done -- you break your car at the Pro or
Warmup, you can then substitute another car and CHANGE CLASSES if need be.
That's a registration issue, not a competition issue. In fact, you don't
even need to break. "I was entered in X Stock, but Joe Herodriver offered to
let me be his tire warmer in AM and I am taking him up on it." It's
happened, many times.

If, however, my DP Spitfire broke at Nationals (which has happened more than
once!), I could run my bone-stock (H Stock) Spitfire in DP because the
Spitfire is specifically classed in DP and nothing says I have to do all
that is allowed to prepare it. But if I drove a BP Corvette and broke it, I
could not borrow a CP Camaro to substitute for it (but could at a regional
event). I have, however, jumped into other cars entered in DP to finish
Nationals, and also provided mine when a DPL competitor broke hers.

--Rocky