Re: autox question

Subject: Re: autox question
From: "David W. James" <vnend@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:05:49 -0400
On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 07:00  PM, Rocky Entriken wrote:
> Well, whatever a Scoobi is -- first line of Appendix B says "'Bumping'
> is
> not approved for championship events."

> So, if the car is not classed in that class, no you can't at
> Nationals. Or
> Tours, or Divisionals. The bump order is there as a guideline for
> Regional
> (local) event use.

Since bumping is for trophy purposes, it isn't what we would be looking
at (and I don't know of any level that will let you voluntarily run,
say, a FS Mustang in AS for the day just because you want to.)

The question is really one of if the car is legal in the class.

Last year, for example, I could have run my AS car in ASP, SM2 or EM
that I know of.  It might have been legal in AM, I never looked.  It
would only have been competitive in AS (with a better driver in it.
:-), but it could have run in any of the others, legally.

David