Re: California DMV chief wants to track all drivers with GPS

To: <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: California DMV chief wants to track all drivers with GPS
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:59:36 -0600
I think the hardware to implement a mileage tax is already a part of the OBDII
package.  Just have the yearly inspection require downloading the mileage,
then base the inspection cost on the mileage and send the money directly to
the state coffers.  The OBDII can also calculate gas mileage, so we might tax
by MPG rather than miles.  My 1967 Datsun Roadster, having no electronics and
an inoperative odometer, will pay no tax at all.  I think this will work!!

Terry Cost