Re: California DMV chief wants to track all drivers with GPS

To: "Ms Katie Kelly" <aceontour@yahoo.com>, <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: California DMV chief wants to track all drivers with GPS
From: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 00:10:20 -0500
No, I'm saying that the companies pushing for red light cameras have only
one goal, and that's to make a large profit off of operating them, not to
help anyone or save lives. The politicians are hiring non police to enforce
traffic laws without any oversight, and that's without even getting into the
issue that you are presumed guilty if they say your license plate # is in
their picture. But this was not intended to be an arguement for or against
red light cameras, but how these ideas originate.
It wasn't the police or even the insurance companies that came up with the
idea of or push for the use of red light cameras, and I'd bet it wasn't the
politicians that came up with this new scheme either.