Re: Truck vrs. trailer

To: Thomas VandenOever <tavandy1@airmail.net>,
Subject: Re: Truck vrs. trailer
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
--- Thomas VandenOever <tavandy1@airmail.net> wrote:
> The local Equipe Rapide group seems dead set on
> getting a truck and ditching
> the trailer we now use for getting our equipment to/
> from events.

San Francisco Region went through this a few years
ago.  I was in the "cube van" camp.  We got a
motorhome because it already had windows, a/c, doors,
steps, awning, etc.  It turned out to be the better
deal, even when we ended up ripping out the interior
several years later and reconfiguring the whole thing.
 We used it for a couple of years with very minimal
modifications, and it worked okay.  Since we
reconfigured the interior, it's very cool...  It has
towed cars on trailers for event chairs who had to get
a car there, too.  Insurance is handled through our
Region office, with other Region vehicles, but I
realize that few Regions or clubs have that option.

The airport shuttle bus sounds like it would work
well, too.

Charlie