Re: Truck vrs. trailer

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Truck vrs. trailer
From: "Kevin Venisnik" <kvenisn@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 07:37:16 -0700
The Arizona Region is in the process of going from a truck to a trailer
setup.  We've out grown our box truck (8 or 10 foot box on a toyota chassis)
and decided to go with a trailer because:
less expensive to get the size we need
can order it customized to our needs
less maintenance (or truck typically doesn't get driven that much since we
store it on site)
lower insurance costs

Our short term plan is to use our old equipment truck or get a member with a
pickup truck to move it from it's on site storage loaction to it's use
location.

If we need to move it from site to site we will either rent a truck or see
if we can get a member to do it.

Of course, currently our trailer is just on order and we are still in the
old, small truck so we'll see how it really turns out.

Also, I asked this same question some months back and I saved the replies.
If you like I can email them direct to you, just shoot me an email letting
me know if you'd like to see them.

Kevin Venisnik
AZ Region Equipment Chair

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.