Re: Nature of autocross

To: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>,
Subject: Re: Nature of autocross
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:24:55 -0400
--On Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:43 PM -0500 Sam & Greg Scharnberg
<samandgreg@netins.net> wrote:
> There is NO award for the "fastest person" in solo, racing, or any
> automotive event.  Did you mean Olympic gold winners?  That is were
> people rather than vehicles win.

I strongly disagree, Sam.  We award first-place trophies to the PERSON
who wins the class, not the car (or the car owner).

However, to be even more correct, the competition is between car/driver
combinations, not just cars and not just drivers.

Mark