Re: Nature of autocross

To: Scott Troyer - DDR TestEng <stroyer@micron.com>
Subject: Re: Nature of autocross
From: Craig Naylor <magazine@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:17:29 -0700
Scott (and others who responded similarly),
    Nobody spoke of run one, run two, rerun one, run three, day one, day
two et all.... The original statement was "I have seen the second place
or lower driver win the event!"

    I haven't been to Nationals, I know they have there own sub
regs..... So please correct me if I'm wrong......   Do they award a 1st
place trophy to the fastest person each day, I doubt it?  The winner
(i.e. 1st place) is the person with the fastest time (insert overall if
you must).  The person with the fastest time would therefor be in 1st
place, 2nd place therefore does not win the event as stated.

    Autocross is not so unique, The Tour de Fracias has many stages,
Rallies have many stages, the Baja 1000 has multiple stages..... but
second place does not win.  They don't in Solo either.

    The winner is the person with the fastest time, period.

Craig