Re: Nature of autocross

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>, Craig Naylor <magazine@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Nature of autocross
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:53:32 -0500
At 10:24 PM 8/16/2006 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:
>--On Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:43 PM -0500 Sam & Greg Scharnberg
><samandgreg@netins.net> wrote:
>>There is NO award for the "fastest person" in solo, racing, or any
>>automotive event.  Did you mean Olympic gold winners?  That is were
>>people rather than vehicles win.
>
>I strongly disagree, Sam.  We award first-place trophies to the PERSON
>who wins the class, not the car (or the car owner).

Hey Mark,

I agree that SCCA awards trophies to a PERSON who wins (not necessarily the
fastest vehicle) the CAR class.  NO argument there.  However, did the
Person win or was there assistance from a Vehicle?  Was that Vehicle
legal?  Only until protested and DSQ'd.  I could go on.......

>However, to be even more correct, the competition is between car/driver
>combinations, not just cars and not just drivers.

My point exactly when I replied to Craig.............I am Not an English
major.  English is my second language:-)

Actually, I am tired of playing the semantics game, so I am going to do
what I do best at the moment and be a Grandma.

Sam