Re: membership requirements for Solo?

To: pethier@comcast.net
Subject: Re: membership requirements for Solo?
From: Rick Brown <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:13:26 -0700
Both CalClub and San Diego do.  Cal Club's is not required, it just gets
you a permanent number, the right to earn points in the championship
series and access to online registration.  Entry discount is available
if you have either the "points card" or are an SCCA member.  San Diego's
is required to run at all there, although they do have a cheaper
temporary one available.

Both regions had issues with high entries (300-350, a real problem
during winter months with limited light) and used various membership
requirements to try to stabilize our entry levels at a manageable
level.  I believe that was the original reason for SFR requiring SCCA
membership.