RE: membership requirements for Solo?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: membership requirements for Solo?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:35:31 -0500
Well that's the root of it.  By charging "member" versus "non-member" rates,
your income percentage rises above some mystical (variable?) IRS threshold.

It also depends upon which particular type of "not for profit" status your
club files under.

All I know is that a few years back our treasurer lost a lot of sleep and
hair due to having to deal with the good ol' IRS on this exact issue.
Another time they "served" us by seizing many thousands of our local dollars
due to a simple paperwork snafu.  Simple as in a one-page sheet that was
accidentally left out of that year's return envelope.

By the People, For the People my backside!

Eric