Re: There and Back Again

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: There and Back Again
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1993 09:51:07 -0400
Regarding Morris "Moggy" Minors as the chosen "Durable Car".

I'd certainly go along with this.  I have been impressed with the long-lasting
quality with the Minors.  The number of Minors still in excellent shape on
British roads is certainly evidence of this.  (Why, even the TV character
"Lovejoy" has one!)

For years I have thought about getting one.  But images of owning a roadster
(like an MGB, TR4, ad infinitum) have superceded this.  But whenever I see
a Moggy here in the States I fall right back in love again.

When I worked for Severn-Trent Water Authority back in England in the 1970s
several of my work-mates had one.  It was quite a sight to see three or
four of them all lined up in the car park.  It seemed to be the car to have
at the time for some peculiar reason!  But back then, they were relatively
still new.  The last Minor 1000s were made around 1971.

(On the current theme of tribes of cars, how about "a major of Minors"?)

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert