Re: There and Back Again

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, tjhiggin@ingr.com
Subject: Re: There and Back Again
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 08:03:50 PDT
     On Batmobiles;

          en route to Ensenada for La Carrera this last year
     I got a call over the walkie talkie from Paul who was
     piloting Godzilla (my green 3/4 ton 454 Suburban recently
     named this by Berry Kercheval's son), that went
     something like: "Jesus Christ, here comes the
     Batmobile!" Sure enough, here came the Batmobile,
     (the new one), being driven and followed closely by a
     red Countach. We quickly set up the camera & video cam &
     shot some good footage of this bizarre sight. Funny thing
     tho about cinematography; the car looked just like it did
     in the movie, but Batman kinda looked like Paul from
     the Diamond center (or Ed Barbarra from Furniture USA,
     if you remember him). Hmmmm.
          And speaking of the Bond cars, a few years back
     one of the British publications we receive has a
     section called "Discovered", which in this issue
     featured one of the mock-ups of the Esprit submarine
     used in "For your eyes only" (I think), being used as a
     planter in Portugal. Truly takes the cake in the
     bizarre lawn ornament category.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com

     p.s. berry, I have your pump, and Hey ! those dents
     weren't so bad ! :-)