Re: Solex Question

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solex Question
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 21:09:35 -0500
>I've got the ITG on mine.  The stacks are the shorties, but even with longer
>ones I think the ITG fits.  I like it.
>
>-John F
>'69 2000 Solex

I bought the tall (3 in) K&N 6 in round units for my SU's. From APT in
Riverside. They have ovals and rectangles (also in several heights, I
believe) for Weber/Mikunis, too. I bought a pair of their CNC billet
shorty (maybe 3/8-1/2 in) stacks. I'm of the opinion that you just want
to smooth the flow of air into the carb throat, not ram the air into the
carb. In fact, FWIW, recent reading in books by Bell and Vizard indicate
that extreme stacks can actually mess up jetting and balance. I also
think that the cloth in the K&N's are going to last longer than the foam
element in the ITG.

I know that you can get the K&N's (and I suspect also the ITG's) with
blank base plates allowing you to set up just about any filter placement
or orientatiuon you might want.

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)