RE: 3rd shift

To: Russell Southwell <rulee@cityscape.net>,
Subject: RE: 3rd shift
From: "HUBBARD, Charles" <chubbard@shl.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 21:50:16 -0500
Russell,

Perhaps all 1600 and up roadsters have consoles.  My 1500 does not include a
center console between the seats. However, this subject does give me the
opportunity to start a fight (not with you Russell).

I consider the lack of a center console a great feature because of the ratty
look that the glued on vinyl crap takes on after it gets old.  The 1600 and
2000 dashes have about as much appeal as a those vinyl tops those old guys
put on their Cadillac's to make them look like convertibles. The 1500 has a
smooth metal dash and a center panel used to hold the radio, vents, and map
light. Its lines are rounded, simple, and more appealing to the eye.  Even
the round ashtray is cool looking. The top of the dash is a removable cap
that can be changed out in minutes.

I'll probably get flamed to hell for this but you guys with the later model
roadsters have the butt ugliest looking consoles and dashboards. They look
almost impossible to restore.  I'm sure that the superior speed and power
more than makes up for it. I just think that they should have stuck with the
old design.

That's my $.02 and I'm sticking with it.

Charlie Hubbard
1964 (slow as hell with a great dash) SPL310