HELP - Hood stuck Closed!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: HELP - Hood stuck Closed!!
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 23:30:38 PDT
Well, just received the 65 Fairlady back from the paint shop . Car looks
great!

But I have gotten myself into a huge mess!! The back end of the hood has
always sat a little too close toward the firewall & always sat a little too
low.

I figured that if  I adjusted the depth of the plunger/spring assembly
attached to the inside of the hood & could slightly raised the back section
of the hood.

So, I removed the spring/pluger assembly from the top of the hood and
installed two washers behind the backing plate of the spring/plunger. This
way the plunger would lock into place, without the need for the hood to be
brought down as deeply. I put everything back into place and gently lowered
the hood. At first, it appeared to be a success. The hood alligned much
better.

But, an hour later, when I released the hood latch, the hood didn't pop up,
as it always had. The hood opening cable appears to be working properly, but
the hood is still shut solid. I have tried at least 10 times over the past
week, but I'm still unable to open the hood open. I have tried prying and
pulling, but all this accomplishes is scrapping the new paint.

I need some serious suggestions here!!! How can I get this hood open?

Thanks,

Dan Zubkoff
1965 SPL310-10927D
San Mateo, CA