Re: Clutch change story

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch change story
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:14:02 -0500
Not at unusual at all.

As a matter of fact, next time someone in your neck of the woods
ask how long it takes... we will tell them to take it to your house,
and have a stop watch ready. :-)

Usually I can do things very quickly, but find if I have to "unbugger"
the previous owners work, it takes much longer. Sometimes I think
it is easier to remove the starter by pulling the engine/transmission. ;-)

This is when it does pay to have the car in the garage, tools nicely
arranged, good lighting, and a decent amount of room to move
around the car. Typically I will pull the car in, and put it up on floor
jacks.

Only thing to remember is the SHIFT LEVER! ;-)

It is when I start to clean up those little things that I get carried away. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom