Fwd: Cutting SHifter

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Cutting SHifter
From: VulForge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:52:46 EDT
--part1_fb.b9f3668.27040c7e_boundary

In a message dated 9/26/00 8:06:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com writes:

<< does anyone have any words of wisdom on cutting a shifter?
 >>   IMHO - the stock shifter is too long and too far forward -
 >>   I have a spare to cut down and bend,  >>

This reminds me- does anyone have a stock 67 shift lever with the "special"
washers they can spare?  Stock knob would be nice too.  The one on my car is
rather long, and has a bend in the middle.  Is this correct?  It just about
runs into the console when pulled back, and rotates in the shifter bushing.
Not something to inspire confidence.
I will of course be happy to pay a REASONABLE price and cover shipping.
While I'm wishing, I still need the rear bow trim and a set of the aluminum
door trims for a 67...

Thanks in advance!

Russell Criswell

Kansas City MO