Re: Controls of unknown function ('70 1600)

To: Robin Krause <robinkrause@hotmail.com>, Jason Simpson <jason@xio.com>
Subject: Re: Controls of unknown function ('70 1600)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:45:05 -0700
Well, if you haven't used them, you don't have to worry about them. What I
hear is that most folks don't bother using the throttle at all. Mine is
busted and it isn't missed. It allows you to pull the accelerator linkage,
and a twist locks it so the engine can be revved higher. Dangerous to use
it as a cruise control - don't consider that. Best use is when moving
uphill from a dead stop, when your feet are busy on the clutch and brake
pedals, or to keep the engine from killing at slow idle.

You'll get a lot of responses on the S/BRAKE control, but you've already figured
it out. It does exactly what you've indicated, when you pull it the B lights up.
The only purpose is to verify that the light bulb works. So if your tandem
brakes have a hydraulic failure the light will be lit, but by then your foot
will have already discovered that! (Maybe you can convert the bulb socket to a
map light and get some real use out of it.)

Fred - So.SF
BADROC