Re: Controls of unknown function ('70 1600)

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, robinkrause@hotmail.com, jason@xio.com
Subject: Re: Controls of unknown function ('70 1600)
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:07:34 EDT
<< Well, if you haven't used them, you don't have to worry about them. What I
 hear is that most folks don't bother using the throttle at all. Mine is
 busted and it isn't missed. It allows you to pull the accelerator linkage,
 and a twist locks it so the engine can be revved higher. Dangerous to use
 it as a cruise control - don't consider that. >>

Hello,

 I agree.  It is not to be used as a cruise control although I did use it as
that when I was driving through the desolate areas of AZ and NM two years
ago.  I remember setting it at around 75 or so and then just relaxing.
Although everytime I went up and down an incline or dip on the highway the
speed would change.  Sometimes drastically.

No... I dont recommend it to be used that way but it sure did come in handy
that summer.

Calspeed