Re: Thanks

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:01:07 -0500
Mike,

How many connecting rods do you need?

I seem to recall having THREE w/pistons.  Don't ask, but years back
when I bought my 67 2000 it came with a spare block. Block had
four out of five main caps, and with three pistons & rods.  This
was the guy who "rebuilt" the engine with every other screw, nut,
and bolt missing.  Uh huh.

I'll be glad to send them out your way. You get to reimburse me
for shipping them, then figure out how much they are worth to you...
then write a check out to the "American Cancer Society". Simple enough?

Let me know, and I'll start digging around for them. Did you have your
old connecting rods machined for the Chevy rod bolts?

If anyone WANTS a U20 block with only four main caps... err, let me
know. The block might only be at STD as the previous owner had the
pistons knurled to refit the block. No, I don't recommend that either.

Cheers,

Tom Walter