Re: More on hoisting brackets+

To: "Robert Giel" <giel@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: More on hoisting brackets+
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 10:18:39 -0800
You can remove the left rear most Head bolt (which should be a little
longer) to install the bracket. Just be careful when you lift you don't put
too much pressure on the valve cover. They can move or crack. The front
mounting point I like to use is the  bolts (10mm) that used to hold on the
smog pump or alternator in your case. This is a good cross point from the
left rear head bolt (or manifold bolt as Mike suggested) If you have 2
brackets then put them diagonally apposed to each other on the head. I've
never had a problem with this method - done it probably 15 times.
Mike Koken
Colo. Sprngs