Re: More on hoisting brackets+

To: "Robert Giel" <giel@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: More on hoisting brackets+
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 14:28:06 -0500
The front bracket connects to the stud where the alternator/smog pump
adjusting bracket is which is beside the thermo housing on the head. Before
removing the head bolt make sure the engine is stone cold and dump the a/f
which you must do anyway, but I'd use the manifold stud if you're super
concerned about the head gasket just in case. I use a flat piece of 1/4"
steel with 2 holes drilled for the rear bracket to remove my engines.

Mike