RE: Header thickness

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, "Autox \(E-mail\)"
Subject: RE: Header thickness
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:14:56 -0800
Gary:

Funny you should mention this. We stopped at an offroad shop that advertised
K&N filters and while showing the owner the beast, he mentioned that Jeeps
had the same problem with intake/header thickness. He let me see a manifold
gasket from chrysler designed to help solve the problem. It was a standard
flat manifold gasket that came with a set of smaller gaskets that fit on the
thinner manifold areas to help exqualize things. I was thinking of
'sacrificing' a gasket or two to see if this fix would help on my car!

Paul Bauman
Westminister, CA
67 1600