Re: Header thickness

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, <JLBrooksNC@aol.com>, <marc@gracieland.org>,
Subject: Re: Header thickness
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 19:52:02 -0500
I have seen heads that the manifold side was slightly warped and could
provide additional sealing problems. In fact many of the 1600 heads were
slightly warped.

I have installed gaskets with and w/o sealants. The last time I used
coppercoat (or is that kopperkoat). Before that I used nothing and never had
a problem.

The torque in the H20 manual says 10 - 20 lbs. I work from the center out
when I tighten the nuts. I don't know if it makes a difference but I do it
that way anyway.

Mike