Re: Rear body panels - Bumper guard holes?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear body panels - Bumper guard holes?
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:40:42 -0600
Quick sanity check on the gas fumes:

Lots of older vehicles actually have the gas tank caps in
the trunk. VW Bug comes to mind (old ones).

Trick is to fully VENT the trunk. Holes in the trunk floor
or lower (bottom) of the rocker panel would work fine.

Having said that... and fueled more than one race car with
fillers mounted inside the trunk... what a friggin' mess
when you spill gasoline in there. Admitted you can't haul
much in the trunk, but with a space saving spare tire it
lets you toss a small soft sided suitcase in, but I would
hate my clothes to smell like gasoline.

It can be done, but not all that practical.

Tom