Re: Basic question about compression ratio

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Basic question about compression ratio
From: "Gary K. McCormick" <gkmcc@netgate.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:27:25 -0800
As the compression ratio is the ratio of the volume above the piston at
BDC (Bottom Dead Center) and at TDC (Top Dead Center), for two engines
sharing the same basic block (i.e., identical piston diameter and stroke)
the volume of the combustion chamber and the shape of the top of the
piston (crowned vs. flat vs. dished) will affect the compression ratio.
You'd probably find the heads and pistons, at least  are different in the
two engines.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA