Re: Basic question about compression ratio

To: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: Basic question about compression ratio
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:18:02 -0800 (PST)
John and everyone else who replied, thank you!  That clears up what
determines compression ratio.  A follow-up question specific to
Roadsters - in the R20 "stroker" motor, what pistons are being used -
H20 or U20?  I assume the domed U20 pistons would produce a higher
compression ratio than the dished H20 pistons.

Do you have to use H20 crank/rods/pistons or U20 crank/rods/pistons or
can you do some mixing and matching? (H20 crank, U20 rods/pistons,
etc.)

--- John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu> wrote:

> Also note that the R pistons, with their domes, intrude into the
> chamber area, effectively making it smaller (and thus raising CR), By
> the
> same token, the dished H20 pistons make for an effectively larger
> chamber and thus lower CR.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181