Re: How do you put a new Stereo receiver in???

To: WBoyd1959@aol.com
Subject: Re: How do you put a new Stereo receiver in???
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 01:27:44 EST
Not an unusual problem.  I have a small Jensen in my 1600, don't know the
model but it says 4x10 Watts and has a cassette player.  It is a shaft model
and just barely fits in, squeezing up against the heater a bit.  I think it
is still being made, try Radio Shack or an auto parts store like Pep Boys.
You need to get the smallest two shaft model available, and they are never
the best radios.

There is also a very high end approach, someone in Orange County has a face
plate radio that pigtails to a radio amp box and another CD box, mounted
elsewhere.  But this is $500 plus.

As for the later cars, nothing seems to work except the $30 el cheapo from
Radio Shack, I think, that fits in, as the space in the later cars is much
more limited.

Some people say the hell with it and put a good radio/CD in the glovebox.

Gary C