Re: Mods, Upgrades, Thoughts

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mods, Upgrades, Thoughts
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:58:53 +1000 (EST)
Here goes my list for my 1500.  I am currently
assembling my car after body off respray and trying to
not have parts left over, wire it wrong, etc.

Stuff done so far:
My car came with an R16 but I'd be in favour of a
swapping G15 to R16 if the engine has had it.  Stroke
the R16 to 2L.  (I have metric R16 and alloy head).
Hardened valves and seats to be able to use unleaded
fuel.

Replace 4spd box with 5 speed gearbox from a nissan
720 ute.  It is almost a straight bolt in requiring a
modified mounting bracket and tailshaft, easier than
fixing 4spd when money is an object.

Replace the front drum brakes of 1500 with 1600
discs/system and the rims with 1600 rims.

Recore radiator with high efficiency 3 row core.

Remove chrome side trim and weld up the holes.

Replace most nuts and bolts during reassembly of car.

Add engine immobiliser

Thinking about:
Replace 1500 seats with anything that fits.

Brighter sealed beam headlights.

Moving the foot swithc for high beams (footwell space
is just too small)

Put new temperature $ oil pressure guages in glovebox.

Replace windscreen wiper water system with electric
system.

Replace seatbelts.

Add rollbar with something to reduce the turbulence in
the car when driving.

I'd also like to take the cigarette lighter circuit
and hook it up to a small ice box to carry food/drink.
 Maybe place a new socket in boot or behind seat into
which can plug ice box and things like mobile phone.

The other thing I think about is some more driver
training (go on, laugh) so I can really enjoy what the
car can do.

Marko
Sydney
64 1500