Re: My first roadster show......solvang 2002

To: "Datsun Dude" <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>, <CalSpeed@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: My first roadster show......solvang 2002
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:16:07 -0400
I had a backfire problem and loss of power issues which turned out to be the
points. Try taking some very fine emery paper when the points are closed.
Could be carbon/rust build up. I eventually dumped the points and went
electronic (Pertronix) and that never happened again.

Also check the dizzy for bearing wear. I had that problem on an old Civic
which was notorious for ruining distributor bearings.

A rich condition could also cause that problem or incorrectly set float.

Mike