Re: very odd of the post office - way off topic

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: very odd of the post office - way off topic
From: TWFAUST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 00:46:02 EST
Q. What does it mean when the Post Office flies the flag at half mast?

ANS. They're hiring.

I contribute little to this list, but read it often. I have noticed the
chastisements for bigotry, etc. I think Trent Lottism has gone to far. I
regularly contribute to an Audi list. Recently a lister had modified his '87
and was concerned abouting passing new emissions test in Massachusetts. This
let to the intrusion of politics into the automotive hobby, with particular
regard to Massachusetts. Several listers pointed out that the citizens were
happy with the activist government. I pointed out that 10% of Massachusetts'
white population had left between 1990 & 2000. I thought to point out that a
lot of the traditional population were voting with their feet. So, here I am,
a casual observer of population shifts. For this I receive 47 e-mails
accusing me of racism, and the list explodes in contention.
       This has to calm down. I also wonder about what mind set is at work. A
week after Loot leaves, Senator Byrd, a former member/fellow traveler of the
KKK, announces he has a bit part in the about to be released "God and
Generals"; playing a Confederate General/Plantation owner. I have not heard a
word of protest.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
Warrington Faust