RE: Connecting rod length (somewhat OT)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Connecting rod length (somewhat OT)
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:04:50 -0800
Smokey Yunick thinks you should run the longest rod you can fit in the
engine (and he has some fairly compelling evidence to support that claim).

The NASCAR guys have experimented with it and come to the same general
conclusion. I can't point to the exact issues, but I remember seeing some
articles in Circle Track about it a while back.

Dave Coleman made the "1.70:1 is optimal" claim in Sport Compact Car a while
back, but their online archives don't go back far enough.

I searched Google on "automotive engines connecting rod length" and got back
over 2000 hits.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org