RE: re CA Smog laws

To: "Datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: re CA Smog laws
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:51:41 -0800
According to the last figures I saw, cars as a whole now contribute less to
air pollution than do stationary sources. So rather than going after the few
remaining pre-emissions cars (most of which will die a natural death soon
enough), it makes more sense to address the larger sources of pollution. I
think we've reached a point of diminshing returns on cars until a new
non-polluting fuel source replaces petroleum-based fuels.

Actually "non-polluting" is like "perpetual motion" - a great dream but
unattainable. Let's just say "significantly less polluting."

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org