Re: re CA Smog laws

To: "Datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re CA Smog laws
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:46:34 -0500
  Here in Ohio we have only a few counties that require emissions check and
then only for cars less than 25 years old (over 25 tears old are exempt from
the inspection/testing.).  It has been stated that the states air quality
would be better, if instead of spending millions of dollars on this very
limited testing, that the state pay for mandatory tire inflation checks at
all gas stations.  In other words, out of compliance cars pollute less than
cars driving around with under inflated tires!
  And as Stan said, older daily beaters may contribute heavily to air
polution, but collectors cars that are driven rarely, should not pay the
price for them.
  One final comment; I have read that cows contribute more to California's
air pollution than all the cars in the state!  So, help save your air; have
steak for dinner!

Paul Kort
1969 1600 roadster
            &
1972 510 wagon
BOTH excempt from my counties E-Check testing, thankfully!