RE: Lack of power = lack of fuel pressure

To: "'Allen Blackmon'" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Lack of power = lack of fuel pressure
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:49:44 -0400
The solex's don't use a fuel return line (at least in stock form).  Fuel
pressure for Solex's and SU's should be about 3.5 psi.  You're low at
2.5.  I don't believe you can put the pump in wrong - other than not
putting the roughly 1/4 inch thick spacer in between it and the block.
You could have a leaking pump diaphragm (look for gas -odor- in the oil
sump), a leaky valve in the pump, or a clogged or improperly installed
(backwards) fuel filter.  It's also possible to have blockages in new
fuel lines.  I once put a new fuel line on without blowing it out first
- wound up with a ball of fuzz in between the two carbs which caused
intermittent fuel starvation problems.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
web.Tampabay.rr.com/oilleak