Re: San Diego Burning - Update

To: efrisbee@charter.net ("Eric Frisbee"),
Subject: Re: San Diego Burning - Update
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:23:00 -0500
That is terrible about Barrie's loss in San Diego, it is almost impossible to
describe how extensive the fires are here in Southern California, the air in LA
is gray with ash and the sun is invisible behind the smoke.  We think that fire
can be stopped in a typical residential area, but we have no idea how
overpowering a raging fire can be, and how it can sweep everything before it.

My red 66 (bought in 1966) is sitting in a garage in Lake Arrowhead next to a
66 parts car, and I am 100 miles away watching TV and wondering what will
happen.  The fire has jumped the last barrier, and is moving toward the lake.
The Roadster is the only thing I care about at the cabin, and I guess I'll know
in a day or two if it has survived.

Gary C