Re: Repair questions, revisited

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Repair questions, revisited
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:34:14 -0600
I think that Mike summed up the whole situation rather succinctly.  One
thought I will include.  If there is a reputable rebuilder in the area they
can rebuild for a good price.  As their survival depends on local trade they
tend to do a good job.  We have one in town that is absolutely reliable and
honest.  He did a starter off of a military generator set for me.  A real
odd ball and VERY expensive to replace.  He charged $50 including a new
Bendix.  However, I wouldn't even consider anything from a commercial
rebuilder.  I've been burned too many times!

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359
TDROC
Home page http://schroeder-family.us
e-mail  roadster@schroeder-family.us

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900