ponderings...

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ponderings...
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:29:13 -0700
  I've been warming up to the idea of body/paint work on my
car, since I've 'bout got the mechanicals 100%. One thought
had been to see about finding a roadster with body/paint
already done (at least rust free) and doing a swap for the
best of both cars into one... presumably putting my motor/trans
into a 2nd car.

   Originally the idea was to come up with a cheaper body/paint
fix than running mine down to a body shop.. But then I ran into a
'66 1600 the other day. Actually the body wasn't any better than
mine, but it got me to thinking that if I got it cheap enough,
it'd be kinda cool because I could pull the body off and do a
complete body/paint job without downtime on my daily driver..
But I'm not impressed with the condition of the brakes, front-
end, suspension, etc, and got to wondering what anybody thought of
putting the '66 body on my '68 frame? Is that a clean swap? I know
wiring would be different. Steering column? Tach and speedo? Bad
idea?

  While I'm generally a purist, my car is a mutt anyway - '68
frame, '69 front, '68 rear body, '68-'69 wiring, '69 engine, so
if I'm going to be a heretic, how cool would a flat dash low
windshield be on a '68-'69? An UltiMutt! :) Thoughts appreciated...

p.s. Can anyone give me some info on Solvang? I'm itching to
    do a road trip, and that's all the info *I* need, but I'd
    like to see if I could convince the wife to come (or at
    least fly out and meet me), so am looking for any info that
    would suggest it would be an appealing weekend for her (that
    would specifically NOT include hrs and hrs of shooting the
    breeze over our roadsters :) ). thanks.

dan neff     '69 2000
colorado springs,  co
http://www.wycroc.org